Powered By Blogger
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein


My husband and I on Crooked Lake last summer

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 8, 2010

Questions answered about the first emergent technology

Hi! I forgot to add this to my original Vodcast post. The name of the technology that I explored was Vodcasting. Basically it's a podcast with video! These can be very useful when whatever it is you are talking about needs to be seen. In my case, I could use my vodcast to show all my parents of our daycare children a typical circle time in my room. This could be very useful for working parents who do not get the opportunity to see what their child is doing during certain times of the day.
I have to say, this was more difficult then setting up my blog. I decided to do a vodcast because i had a digital video camera that was easily connected to my computer. I also figured that watching a "circle time" would be more interesting then just listening (even though I cannot show the children). Once I got over the user name and password hump on Youtube everything worked out well. I had to copy and paste the embedded code of my video to post it here on my blog. I think if I had to do this over again, I would have explained a bit more about what I was doing before I started video taping.
Thinking about giving out tips, one big one comes to mind; always write down user names and passwords! I learned that the hard way. I would also explore some of the web 2.0 applications. There are a lot of great ones for podcasting and vodcasting. I chose Youtube because I was more familiar with it. The most important tip is to just have fun with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment